Bridge Young Carers
The Bridge Young Carers Project in County Durham
We support children, young people between the ages of 5 and 18, and their families, who have a challenging caring responsibility.
We help and support the whole family by:
- Completing a Young Carers Needs Assessment based on the needs of the whole family
- Listening to you about what you and your family need.
- Sharing information, advice and support with you and your family.
- Providing young carers with one to one time.
- Providing young carers with opportunities to meet other young carers through
- young carers forums across the year.
- Helping you get the support you need at school.
- Arranging carer’s breaks based on bespoke need.
- Inviting you to share your views.
We work in your local community and will ensure that you and your family benefit from all the local services available to you.
Family Action is a national charity who supports over 45,000 socially disadvantaged children & families each year. Services include:
- Friendship Works Mentoring service
- Family Support Services
- Emotional Health & Wellbeing Service
- Therapeutic Services
- Young Carers Service
- Special Educational Needs Service
- Looked After Children’s Support Service
- Advice Services
- Training & Consultancy Services
Information on Young Carers Neighbourhood Charter:
Who to contact:
Telephone: 0191 383 2520
Where to go:
Family Action c/o Butterwick Hospice, Woodhouse Lane, Bishop Auckland, County Durham DL14 6JU
Tel: 0191 383 2520
Family Action-The Bridge Young Carers Service, West Walk 4B, Bowes Business Park, Lambton Park, Ch-le-Street, DH3 4PQ:0191 383 2520
For further details regarding any of the information provided, please contact us.